Pro Stock Bike Review
15 Pro Stock Bike teams on site at Gardermoen to compete in a 16-bike ladder meant the pressure was off to start with as all qualified riders could be in the competition. However low rankings counts for more points and Jesper Thiel got that.

Thiel showed he is a main to count with and after 4 sessions he was the low qualifier with 7.185 sec/296.30 km, 0.07 sec. quicker than reigning champion Ulf Ögge (7.192 sec/293.30 km).

Anders Abrahamsson was also under 7.20 sec. during the qualifications and performing at a higher speed than the rest of the riders (301.26 km). Abrahamsson´s 7.195 sec was good for the #3 spot in the ladder after 4 sessions.

Fredlund, Svrachnos and Beck ran in the 7.20´s during qualifications with a gap down to Kalle Lyrén, 7th quickest with 7.34/282.35 km

The performance level set during the qualifications should show to be quicker than during sunday´s eliminations. Track conditions also changed rather quickly according to some riders making it a bit tricky to get it right at all times, some managed better than others for sute. The eliminations provided a great show with tight and exciting racing and included as well some half expected happenings as some totally surprising.

First round comments:

Jesper Thiel BYE 7.234/293.88 Nice pass

Kalle Lyrén 7.372/284 58 def. Kenneth Vik 7.372/291.50 - Identical ET:s where Kalle
took the win at the startline ( Kalle´s reaction .446 compared to Vik´s .502)

Fredrik Fredlund 7.342/291.50 def. Martin Bishop (red-light) 7.71/275.86

Karl-Heinz Weikum 7.76/276.92 def. Stavros Svrachnos 7.795/216.22

Ulf Ögge 7.431/282.35 def. Zoltan Toth 7.765/280.16 Ögge slow reaction time (0.964)
but could afford it this time

Anders Abrahamsson 7.281/296.50 def. Bousinis Haralambos 7.956/263.74 - great run Anders!

Gabriella Nikolovska 7.54/282.35 def. Dave Beck 7.43/291.50 Holeshot for Gabbi a difference of 8cm (if I heard correct) at the finish line. Beck with a mechanical problem
and delayed reaction from the bike when hitting the handle gave full credit to Gabbi for
her achievement. (Beck´s reaction time .533 compared to Gabbi´s .422)

Pro Stock Bike

Pro Stock Bike semi-finals comments:

Fredrik Fredlund 7.404/289.16 def. Jesper Thiel 7.399/291.50 Fredlund first from the starting line and a mere .0039 difference at the finish line

Ulf Ögge 7.315/292.68 def. Anders Abrahamsson 9.512/136.36 straight pass for Ögge, problems for Abrahamsson.

Comments on site from Fredrik Fredlund who outran no#1 qualifier Jesper Thiel in the semi-final; Fredlund said he planned for some changes to the final against Ögge. Last run he had tires shakes and clutch problems and commented that the track conditions seemed to change quickly and he hoped things would go his way. To end with he said: "I will beat Ögge on the startline". Fredlund did not know at that time just how right his prediction would show to be..

I must admit I do consider Ögge making it to the final not so surprising, but at the same time his opponent in the semi-final Anders Abrahamsson sure has the potential to outrun anyone at any time... but this time Abrahamsson who had been running convincingly consistent up to the semi-finals got into trouble, next time he might just pull it off, that would not suprise me either. 

Most unexpected on the other is probably what happened in the final, with the same Ögge involved. I doubt we will see something like that again for some time.

Pro Stock Bike Final comments:

Fredrik Fredlund no time def. Ulf Ögge 7.381/288 redlight (.0375). What a final! While Ögge redlighted, the bike bogged right off the line for Fredlund leaving him standing soon after. Fredlund the winner at Gardermoen although in a very unexpected way.

Leaving Gardermoen with only one round remaining, Ögge has a confident lead (122 points ahead of Abrahamsson) meaning team Ögge have the destiny in their own hands to keep the European Champions´ title for another year (well done in this so competitive class!). The rest is still an open matter, where Abrahamsson and Fredlund are currently in the 2nd and 3rd position with some distance down to no.4 Kenneth Vik.

Check the points standings to see the full ranking!  

Text: Åsa Kinnemar
riders interviews performed by Emelie Carlswärd
photos: Åsa Kinnemar & Aila Striem

This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #9/2010
www.club.speedgroup.eu

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
All material, text, images and logtypes are the property of Speedgroup AB.
Any use of the above requires permission from Speedgroup.
e-mail: asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
© Speedgroup 2010