Speedgroup -
On the Agenda 
By Åsa Kinnemar
co-ordinator Speedgroup August 4th 2013 Linköping Sweden
Newsletter #9 2013

This edition is the NitrOlympX Preview. The event is run at HockenheimRing, Germany August 8-11th. It is round #4 in the FIA European Dragracing Championship as well as being optional for selected classes in the EDRS European Drag Racing Series. The event is also includes as round #3 out of 4 in the FIM Drag Bike Championship. That and much more..

.. Check out the NitrOlympX Preview article in this edition for information on how the event will be covered and to get a brief insight from our class by class preview for the FIA Championship classes. And also included a few words from Race Director Jerry Lackey about the upcoming event! The entry list and provisional schedule are also included under separate headlines (look in the right hand side column to find links to all articles).

Editor and photographer Remco Scheelings has interviewed a few of the drivers that will be competing in Hockenheim; German Pro Modified drivers Norbert Kuno and Norbert Schneider, who form a team together this season. Also new Top Fuel pilot Noah Stutz from Switzerland who enters his first FIA race in competition, teamed up with veteran Urs Erbacher.

Lena Perés has talked with EDRS Super Street driver Simon Gustafsson, who recently finished his FIA Pro Stock licence and with FIA Pro Stock driver Thomas Lindström, who stepped out from the drivers seat and changed role with crew member and sponsor Stefan Ernryd of Ernryd Cars at the recent Summer Nats.

Race reports from Drachten and Tierp are also included in this edition thanks to editors Scheelings and Kihlman. And of course.. don´t miss the Editor´s Diary by Eurodragster.com editor Andy Rogers, who will be at your service covering the event in Hockenheim live working alongside popular track announcer Benni Voss. 

We hope you will find something of interest to  read in this edition. I know I personally learn a lot from the newsletter articles and I am  fascinated by the engagement and performance of the great drivers and riders, many of which I also get to see perform live. I also enjoy working with the organizers before, during and after the events, something I get the opportuntity to do over the next week down in Hockenheim. If you are on site, I hope to see you there!

Stay tuned for more from our crew of editors and photographers before long..

NEXT NEWSLETTER # 10 2013 
Will be a combined NitrOlympX Review and Scandinavian Internationals Preview. 

Best Regards,
ÅSA

Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator
asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
Sweden mobile tel +46- 705 31 53 32
(I am easiest reached via email)

- LINK TO FULL EDRS RACE CALENDAR (pdf)

Most events are also listed at www.dragracing.eu 

photo:  Race director Jerry Lackey with myself and Gittli Koller, Speedgroups contingency program coordinator, who is based in Germany. Over the next week we will work together during the NitrOlympX at HockenheimRing.

UPCOMING EVENTS:

August 10-11th
SM5 Motopark, FHRA Finland (EDRS) Entry via www.dragracing.eu (or form can be filled in to FHRA) Results shown at www.fhra.fi contact: info@fhra.fi

August 9-11th
28th NitrOlympX
Hockenheimring Germany (FIA/EDRS/FIM) - see preview article in this edition with more information. website:
www.nitrolympx.com

August 16-18th
Drachten, the Netherlands (EDRS)
This event is cancelled.
More information at: www.quartermile.nl
email: info@quartermile.nl

August 16-18th
Extreme Weekend
Kunmadaras, Hungary

August 22-25th Scandinavian Internationals, Tierp Arena Sweden (FIA, EDRS and national championship event)
Entry is made via www.dragracing.eu

August 30-31st
FHRA Finals Alastaro, Finland (EDRS)
Entry via www.dragracing.eu (or form can be filled in to FHRA) Results shown at www.fhra.fi contact: info@fhra.fi

August 29-31st
Mosten Raceday, Denmark (EDRS bikes finals) - link to poster with more info (pdf)

September 5-8th:
FIA European Finals, Santa Pod Raceway UK website: www.santapod.com

This Online newsletter is published by:

About SPEEDGROUP:
Speedgroup is FIA European Drag Racing Championship administrator and operate the EDRS European Drag Racing Series. We interact with teams, track operators and event organizers, sanctioning bodies, media, corporate partners and fans. websites: www.speedgroup.eu (click EDRS icon to enter EDRS site).  Speedgroup was also assigned to administer the Dragracing-SM / Swedish Dragracing Championship in 2013 by SBF Swedish Auto Sports Federation www.dragracing-sm.se

Speedgroup general contact person:
Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #9/2013
www.speedgroup.eu

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
All material, text, images and logtypes are the property of Speedgroup AB.
Used by permission from the photographers
Any use of the above requires permission from Speedgroup.
© Speedgroup 2013