Speedgroup -
On the Agenda 
By Åsa Kinnemar
co-ordinator Speedgroup June 3rd 2013 Linköping Sweden
Newsletter #4 2013
(the
47th edition since the start)

The 2013 FIA championship drag racing season started in a pretty amazing way. The recent Main Event held May 24-27th at Santa Pod Raceway, UK must be considered a success. I believe thanks to a combination of a clever investment in the track itself, the Santa Pod Racers Club track crews hard work before and during the event and also thanks to the teams impressive ability to adjust the cars and bikes to constantly changing conditions.

The event presented a number of new personal bests from the FIA championship drivers and also a few new European records! Links to all articles are in the right hand column including the current championship point standings.  

Check out what the action was like class by class in the FIA class report articles where our editors have been watching the action closely from trackside at Santa Pod.

Anyone eager to learn more is recommended to check out  eurodragster.com´s Main Event coverage which include all results from all classes and fantastic pit notes reports! 

Also don´t miss Roger Gorringe´s reports from Main event on Competitionplus and DragRaceCanada and Ivan Sansom & Rose Hughes reports on Drag Racing Online

In Sweden the organizer SHRA Sundsvall reports an amazing weekend with three days of sunshine during the season opener NHK Nationals which was part of EDRS division North. When talking with Tommy Edström SHRA Sundsvall today he made me aware (and check this out..!) that 1220 time slips were produced by 114 teams and with zero oil downs! Check out the full results from the NHK Nationals at dragracing.eu

In this edition we have included a report from the EDRS Nationals which was run at Tierp Arena earlier in May and we will of ocurse continue to report from EDRS events to the extent time allows throughout the season.

And speaking of time.. I yesterday discovered I had completely missed to fulfil a pretty important task (that left some EDRS teams on site in Sundsvall and the organizer wondering what had happened or rather why it had not happened..). At the moment the tendency is that things that are not on my "don´t forget to do list" or in my mailbox pretty much don´t exist. A slight exaggeration I admit. Many with me have full schedules and can´t fit in all they want and need to get done.. the good thing with being busy for me is that it after all involves so many hours connected to drag racing (which some of you may have realized by now that I truly enjoy).

I have noted that no matter how stressed people in the drag racing community are this time of year, my experience is that most are friendly, patient and helpful (lucky for me). It is a great environment to spend many hours in which I totally enjoy and the good thing is that the race season 2013 have just started!

NEXT NEWSLETTER # 5 2013 
Will be published in only just about a week from now!  It is the Sweden Internats Preview. It is round #2 in the FIA Championship (cars), round #1 of the FIM Europe Championship (bikes). In addition it is a full scale EDRS event and for some classes it is alo a round in the Swedish  Championship Dragracing-SM 
So stay tuned for that!

Best wishes from a sunny and warm Sweden,  
ÅSA

Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator
asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
Sweden mobile tel +46- 705 31 53 32
(I am easiest reached via email)

In between newsletters we use our websites and Facebook groups to publish public information. If you check www.speedgroup.eu there are links to the EDRS website and Facebook groups from there. 

photo: at Santa Pod with my sweet Speedgroup collegues Lena (left) and Aila (right) - the special thing with this photo is that we are seated on a new sofa (by the sign-in office) which is placed there as a tribute to late Paula Marshal and I think it is a fine way to cherish her memory. 

The contingency program is thanks to co-ordinator Gittli Kollers hard work progressing. Info published on the website www.speedgroup.eu and EDRS site.

Direct link to contingency sign-in page:
FIA/FIM/EDRS teams

The contingency commitments are between the drivers and suppliers. No middle hands, drivers claim awards directly from the suppliers when in the winners circle. Any questions about contingency please contact   gittli.koller@speedgroup.eu Stickers provided at the track at Sweden Internats at the Speedgroup Service center or can be ordered via email to Gittli.

UPCOMING EVENTS:

June 7-9th:
Gardermoen Raceway, Norway Summer Nats (EDRS div Central) - entry list at www.dragracing.eu website: www.ndrg.no

June 8-9th:
Fällfors Raceway, Sweden (EDRS) Gold Town Spring Nats
please note this event has been cancelled and will be moved to new dates!
contact jonas.staflund@speedgroup.eu with any inquiries! 

June 13-16th:
Sweden Internationals, Tierp Arena (EDRS/FIA/FIM Europe and Dragracing-SM) entry list visble and live results presented   at www.dragracing.eu
Pit note reports provided by
www.eurodragster.com
www.tierparena.com
web-TV coverage by SMART-TV
in cooperation with Speedgroup and Tierp Arena

June 21-23rd NEW!
Drachten , the Netherlands (EDRS)
More information about the events found at: www.quartermile.nl
email: info@quartermile.nl
Speedgroup contact in Drachten related questions: Åsa Kinnemar

June 28-30th:
FHRA SM2 Alastaro, Finland ((EDRS) Entry via www.dragracing.eu (or form can be filled in to FHRA) Results shown at www.fhra.fi  contact: info@fhra.fi

Stay tuned for more events will be presented in forthcoming editions and check the race calendars on our websites for a full list of events!

FIA Championship registration: is open at www.dragracing.eu . We advise all FIA drivers to read the page on the Speedgroup website called Practical Info 2013 - FIA.

FIM Europe Drag Bike Championship teams can register  by contacting geoff@trakbak.com (Speedgroup is not involved in the administration of this championship)

This Online newsletter is published by:

About SPEEDGROUP:
Speedgroup is FIA European Drag Racing Championship administrator and operate the EDRS European Drag Racing Series. We interact with teams, track operators and event organizers, sanctioning bodies, media, corporate partners and fans. websites: www.speedgroup.eu (click EDRS icon to enter EDRS site)

Speedgroup was also assigned to administer the Dragracing-SM / Swedish Dragracing Championship in 2013 by SBF Swedish Auto Sports Federation www.dragracing-sm.se

Speedgroup general contact person:
Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu

YOUR TURN TO BE IN THE SPOTLIGHT?
We are always happy to feature any FIA/UEM Championship or EDRS team, driver, corporate partner or profiles connected to Speedgroup, the Championships or EDRS European Drag Racing Series in our Newsletters. If interested to share a news item with us, why not try our News Submission Form which is easy to fill in online and submit text and a few photos through. Click on the link to open! NEWS SUBMISSION FORM 

If you prefer to be interviewed by one of our editors please email lena.peres@speedgroup.eu and she can help set it up.

Text by Åsa Kinnemar
Photos by Speedgroup
This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #4/2013
www.speedgroup.eu

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
All material, text, images and logtypes are the property of Speedgroup AB.
Used by permission from the photographers
Any use of the above requires permission from Speedgroup.
© Speedgroup 2013