SFI European Tour
The first week in March it was time for the traditional SFI tech tour to Europe.. 
In Sweden it is chassis manufacturer ME Racing that adminster the tech inspection day, held at Persåker´s Speed Shop less than an hour from Stockholm. ME Racing was assigned by the Swedish Auto Sports federation in 2012 and have since established well functioning routines for smooth handling of the around 150 parts that needed to be instected and certified - clutches, bellhousings, wheels..

Speedgroup´s editor Lena Perés is also part of the ME Racing crew who works hard to get it all done in one day. Lena provided us with some photos from the occasion and Speedgroup´s Åsa Kinnemar added a few of drivers on some of the well-known drivers who took the opportunity to meet fellow racers and tech parts at the same day. 

Lena left us this inside report;
During the weekend 9-10 of March ME Racing organized the SFI Inspection 2013 at Peråkers Speed Shop. About twenty persons all in all were on site during the event to help us and the SFI guys from the US and UK. It all went very smooth.

-    I was a bit afraid that we were going to have the car full of bellhouses back home, says Mats Eriksson, ME Racing Service AB. As there was new rules coming up  with the liners. But this year it was no problem. We, ME Racing Service AB, will come back with more information about those rules in the near future.  I  also wish to thank all volunteers who are coming back year after year and help the SFI committee and us to make this work as smooth as possible.

We try to make a treat for the people that do all the hard work for free. And this year we had a visit to Sparreholms castle and had a look at their fantastic museums with exceptional car- and jukebox collection. Well worth a visit if you have the opportunity. We also want to thank the SFI committee that they do this tour every year, so all the European racers can save shipping costs for all equipment that have to be checked. 

A Big thanks to all from ME Racing Service - Mats Eriksson, Lars-Göran Eriksson and Lena Perés

Arnie Kuhns of the SFI Foundation

Tim Hyatt clutch expert (left), flanked by well recognized chassis builder Murph Mc Kinney and to the right Olle Elfqvist of the Swedish Dragracing Association who assisted the tech inspectors.

Lars Göran LG Eriksson had a busy weekend at Persåkers Speed Shop delivering inspected parts to the waiting owners.

Lena Perés, ME Racing and Roland Forsberg were in charge of the registration and check-in of parts

The tech tour also had stops in Finland (hosted by FHRA), the Netherlands (hosted by DHRA) and the last stop before the US based crew left Europe, was in the UK at the FIA/FIM Championship venue Santa Pod Raceway. If interested to see more from the tour Eurodragster.com published brief reports.

Jöran Persåker owner of the Persåker´s Speed Shop where the Swedish SFI tech day took place. Jöran will also be active as a driver in the Pro Mod class 2013.

Long rows of bell housings and clutches waiting to be inspected. 

Do You wish to find out more?

www.sfifoundation.com

Uffe Olsson (right) Sweish tech insoector and Andy Robinsson, UK maybe more known as chassis manufacturer and Pro Mod driver, were both part of the crew.

The museum at Sparreholms Castle was just filled with nice old cars. A very interesting visit.

At the castle there was another museum as well, filled with nice old jukeboxes. 

The Swedish SFI tech day crew.

Introduction by Åsa Kinnemar
Text & photos: Lena Perés

This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #2/2013

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
All material, text, images and logtypes are the property of Speedgroup AB
Any use of the above requires permission from Speedgroup
email: asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
© Speedgroup 2013