EDRS Profile -
Robin Norén
Super Comp

Time for a new level for Robin
Since the start in Super Comp a few years back, Robin Norén from Järfälla (Stockholm) Sweden and his team have aimed high and their appearance have been highly professional. It has now shown results and it’s time to raise the goals to another level.

Robin and his team had put up the goal to win EDRS this year and after the win at Scandinavian Internationals at Tierp Arena it seems within reach for the young guys. If the goal was reached at end of season the team said that, then you’re allowed to step up to next level, Competition.

-    We went to Tierp with hope of getting as far as possibly in the competition, to take as much point as we could, but to come this far wasn’t what we expected, says a happy Robbin after the race. The qualification in Super Comp was the tightest we have seen this year. We qualified as #10 at 8.918 and our toughest competitor, Mikael Nilsson qualified as #1 and that wasn’t what we needed. In the eliminations we got Mikael in the third round and this was the chance to take him out and get good points in the series before the finals in Finland.

Everyone in the team were very alert and Robin had total focus to do the best driving job ever. 
-    I knew if I miss the slightest in this round Micke will keep up the points and maybe even pass us in the table, tells Robin. But with a reaction time of a thousand of a second we could take a breath after the run. In the semifinal we took out Linus Wallberg and we got to meet Albin Frank and his dragster in the final.

photo: Robin (to the right) took the prestige win in Super Comp at Scandinavian Internationals and it gave him a good lead in the EDRS Central and International series. runner-up Albin Frank to the left.

The finals was a very tight race where Albin did all he could to beat Robin, but he did a breakout and Robin could take a new breath as he won at 8.93 second.
- I can’t in words describe how important this win was, says Robin. Now for Finland we got a great position to bring home the win of both EDRS Central and Internationals. I want to send a huge thank You to my team and what they did this weekend. They do a great work with the car. And I also want to thank our sponsors that support us so very well.

And by now we all know what happened in Finland! Robin was a clear winner in EDRS Central after the qualification day as he got enough points. And he was supposed to meet the biggest threat in first round, Mikael Nilsson, in the eliminations. But due to rain the race was canceled and Robin stood as a winner in the EDRS Internationals as well.

So now to the next season, what is now going to happen? Is there a step up in to Competition?

-    Yes it’s finally going to happen, says Robin. New gears have been bought and we’re going for C/A, this takeoff that will be really fun. Next year will be a run-in year of the Competition class. It´s lots of new things to learn for all of us.

A big congratulation to Robin and his great team!

A happy Robin Norén Team when they took the win at Tierp Arena.  

Robin Norén and part of his crew (Sundsvall 2012 photo by Speedgroup)

Robin Norén drives his Dodge Daytona with a safe hand.
And to the season 2014 the car will have a serious tune up, to fit in to Competition Eliminator.

Text & photo Lena Perés

This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #11/2013

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
All material, text, images and logtypes are the property of Speedgroup AB
Any use of the above requires permission from Speedgroup
email: asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
© Speedgroup 2013