Speedgroup -
On the Agenda 
By Åsa Kinnemar
co-ordinator Speedgroup September 3rd 2013 Linköping Sweden
Newsletter #11 2013

This edition is a combined Review from Scandinavian Internationals and General Preview for the upcoming European Finals. 

We have also included a few articles with drivers profiles we think well deserve  being in the spotlight and who have interesting stories to tell:

Lena Perés interviewed EDRS driver Robin Norén - Super Comp and Top Doorslammer driver Åke Eliasson, both successful in the EDRS European Drag Racing Series 2013. We also include Remco Scheelings article with the three Dutch Pro Mod drivers David Vegter, Marc Meihuizen and Robert Joosten (I refer to them as the Dutch wonder, maybe slightly exaggerated but.. it is after all a very small country which has three drivers among the top 5 in the largest class in the championship where the majority are from.. Sweden).

Don´t miss the EDRS summary from Scandinavian Internats at Tierp Arena presented by EDRS points coordinator Carl-Erik Kihlman or the FIA class reports from the Scandinavian Internats (I am guilty for a few of those this time, together with Ian Hart covering Pro Stock and Remco Scheelings who focus on the Top Fuel Dragster class).

The Editor´s Diary by Eurodragster.com editor Andy Rogers, also reflects both back on the Scandinavian Internats and forward towards European Finals.

..And last but most relevant looking ahead, check  the General preview article for European Finals, don´t miss that.. 

I hope you don´t think we are trying to exhaust you with the frequent publishing of new editions (and I hope anyone who reads it frequently do it by free will..) We can never compete with the fast updates from events that Eurodragster.com provide or the editors and photographers within our network who feed the important online and printed forums and magazines (and does it well).

During race season we publish before and after each FIA championship event not only to inform and (hopefully) entertain, but also and as I believe important to document. We can now whenever we wish go back in time all the way through to May 2010 and see who did what at the FIA championship events which we cover class by class (and which also included coverage for the three UEM bikes classes for the seasons 2011 and 2012).

Many with me I guess (try to) live in the present at the same time as keeping full speed ahead mostly. But let´s not forget the many great achievements made that are now in the past, that we have had the honour to capture and cover over the four years we have worked with this online newsletter concept. I quite often turn to an older newsletter for information from an event or a feature article. And although we can never feature all drivers, riders, organizers, sponsors and other profiles connected to the sport to the extent they deserve, we (still) wish to make a modest  try.www.eurodragster.com/santapod/live/2013fiaeuropeanfinalswww.eurodragster.com/santapod/live/2013fiaeuropeanfinals

NEXT NEWSLETTER # 12 2013 
Will be the European Finals Review concluding the FIA Championship and EDRS race season (after that the newsletters will be published monthly starting in October) 

Best Regards,
ÅSA

Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator
asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
Sweden mobile tel +46- 705 31 53 32
(I am easiest reached via email)

photo: Some of the Speedgroup crew who was on duty at Tierp Arena  

UPCOMING EVENTS:

September 5-8th:
FIA European Finals, Santa Pod Raceway UK website: www.santapod.com

Check the General Preview article for the information on options to follow the event!

LINK TO THE EDRS WEBSITE - featuring points tables, information about  the classes, series system and more..

November 23rd:
Speedgroups EDRS & FIA banquet
Location: Sunlight Hotel & Conference Nyköping Sweden www.sunlight.se
Invitation and program will be published at the Speedgroup and EDRS websites during September. The day consists of meetings and seminars. In the evening the combined prize giving gala awarding the EDRS European Drag Racing Series and FIA championship classes. In addition special awards, dinner, mingling at the bar and music. Teams, organizers, stewards, sponsors, family and friends with are welcome.  Any questions at this time please adress to asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu

SCANDINAVIAN INTERNATIONALS REPORTS:

Links to associated editors and photographers reports from Tierp Arena (they are great reports!)

Ivan Sansom & Rose Hughes:
- DragracingOnline
- DragracingOnline Full review

Remco Scheelings:
- www.autosport.nl (in Dutch)

Articles published on BILSPORT.se and in BILSPORT magazine, sponsor of the FIA Pro Modifiedclass and EDRS European Drag Racing Series (presented in Swedish):

Article: Alla rekord och tider från EM helgen på Tierp Arena

Article: Rekordslakt vid Dragracing EM

And of course, Eurodragster.com also have the full coverage.
- Scandinavian Internationals index page

If you have any story on your wish list you think we should cover (or a story you wish to share), feel free to contact me or any of my collegues anytime.

This Online newsletter is published by:

About SPEEDGROUP:
Speedgroup is FIA European Drag Racing Championship administrator and operate the EDRS European Drag Racing Series. We interact with teams, track operators and event organizers, sanctioning bodies, media, corporate partners and fans. websites: www.speedgroup.eu (click EDRS icon to enter EDRS site).  Speedgroup was also assigned to administer the Dragracing-SM / Swedish Dragracing Championship in 2013 by SBF Swedish Auto Sports Federation www.dragracing-sm.se

Speedgroup general contact person:
Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #11/2013
www.speedgroup.eu

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
All material, text, images and logtypes are the property of Speedgroup AB.
Used by permission from the photographers
Any use of the above requires permission from Speedgroup.
© Speedgroup 2013