Speedgroup -
On the Agenda 
By Åsa Kinnemar
co-ordinator Speedgroup August 19th 2013 Linköping Sweden
Newsletter #10 2013

In this edition we provide a FIA classes review from the NitrOlympX  and have included several links to further reports from the fine editors and photpgraphers, who are so important ambassadors in informing about and promoting European Drag Racing. I think they can never get enough praise for capturing the action closely from trackside and bring their vivid and fact filled reports to an audience based in many countries over the world.

We have become quite spoilt and used to the European teams performing at a very high level, but these latest weeks focus have also rightfully been on the organizers and track workers. As many were concerned about the repaved track in Hockenheim long before the event, it was a relief to realise first run out from the FIA championship and FIM drag bike teams that the track was good enough.. and improved over the weekend, to provide fine numbers from many teams.

I think it contributed a great deal to engage the skilled Santa Pod Raceway track prep staff and have them work alongside the German track crew. Also the organizer HockenheimRing´s willingness to get everything right and spend the money it took to do it, is highly appreciated. We are many who enjoy to travel to Hockenheim and be part of the NitrOlympX, which is the biggest championship event spectatorwise and has a special atmosphere round it. Warm august weather, the impressive venue of HockenheimRing itself, competition at a high level and a famous saturday "night show" which mix drag racing and exhibition in a way the crowd seems to enjoy a great deal.

It turned out a great event, HockenheimRing reestablished themselves as a first class drag racing facility again.   Good job everyone involved!

..So.. looking forward, in this edition we provide a general  Preview article for the upcoming Scandinavian Internationals, which take place at Sweden´s Tierp Arena August 22-25th, inform of the ways you can follow the event, not least through the SMART-TV live web-TV service.

We also include interviews with three drivers, who will all compete again in Tierp; Reigning Pro Modified champion Michael Gullqvist, Magnus Petersson, newcomer in the Pro Stock class and Danny Bellio, a veteran in Top Methanol Funny Car

And a new Editor´s Diary by Eurodragster.com editor Andy Rogers, full of behind the scene insights. "Tog" will be at your service covering the event at Tierp Arena live. Links to NitrOlympX reports on this page and links to FIA class reports in the quick link guide (located far right.)

NEXT NEWSLETTER # 11 2013 
Will be a combined Scandinavian Internationals Review and European Finals Preview.   

Best Regards,
ÅSA

Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator
asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
Sweden mobile tel +46- 705 31 53 32
(I am easiest reached via email)

photo: At Tierp Arena with my  Speedgroup collegues Lena and Aila, where we met Mats Eriksson (far right) who is the coordinator of the Competition Eliminator Indexes in Europe (not the same Mats Eriksson who drives a Pro Mod car). At the center Olle Elfqvist, Tierp Arena and Svensk Dragracing and to the left Roland Forsberg, who was a successful driver in Competition Eliminator for many years. Roland is the man to blame (or thank) for my involvement in drag racing as he introduced me to it and I was part of his team for seven years. I hope we all will have time for a new, nice chat at the upcoming Scandinavian Internats! The FIA and EDRS events provide great opportunities to meet and to enjoy first class drag racing at the same time.

UPCOMING EVENTS:

August 22-25th Scandinavian Internationals, Tierp Arena Sweden (FIA, EDRS and national championship event)
Results from the time keeping system via www.dragracing.eu
Live web-TV coverage via SMART-TV
See the separate preview article for more info about this event!

August 31st-September 1st
FHRA Finals Alastaro, Finland (EDRS)
For late entries please contact FHRA info@fhra.fi
Results shown at www.fhra.fi 

August 29-31st
Mosten Raceday, Denmark (EDRS bikes finals) - link to poster with more info (pdf)

September 5-8th:
FIA European Finals, Santa Pod Raceway UK website: www.santapod.com

LINK TO THE EDRS WEBSITE - featuring points tables, information about  the classes, series system and more..

NITROLYMPX REPORTS:
Links to associated editors and photographers reports from the NitrOlympX;

Roger Gorringe:
- Competition Plus
- Drag Race Canada
- Nitroexposure.co.uk

Ivan Sansom & Rose Hughes:
- DragracingOnline

Remco Scheelings:
- www.autosport.nl (in Dutch)

And of course, Eurodragster.com also have the full coverage including Pit Notes.
- NitrOlympX event report index page

This Online newsletter is published by:

About SPEEDGROUP:
Speedgroup is FIA European Drag Racing Championship administrator and operate the EDRS European Drag Racing Series. We interact with teams, track operators and event organizers, sanctioning bodies, media, corporate partners and fans. websites: www.speedgroup.eu (click EDRS icon to enter EDRS site).  Speedgroup was also assigned to administer the Dragracing-SM / Swedish Dragracing Championship in 2013 by SBF Swedish Auto Sports Federation www.dragracing-sm.se

Speedgroup general contact person:
Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #10/2013
www.speedgroup.eu

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
All material, text, images and logtypes are the property of Speedgroup AB.
Used by permission from the photographers
Any use of the above requires permission from Speedgroup.
© Speedgroup 2013