Speedgroup - On the Agenda 
By Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator Speedgroup - July 19th 2012 Linköping Sweden
Newsletter #9 2012 - the FHRA Nitro Nationals Review

Since the last newsletter (3 weeks ago) a number of well performed events have been run by organizers in different countries and a few of them are featured in this newsletter (see the EDRS reports from Bechyne and Borlänge under separate headlines). The major one being the FHRA Nitro Nationals with FIA and UEM Championship status and in addition EDRS status for selected classes. For full results from all classes please visit our collegues at Eurodragster.com (select event coverage). Don´t miss to read editor Andy Rogers diary under a separate headline (he was not on site at Alastaro which will not happen again..) As usual after each championship event we are happy to present class by class reviews articles from the FIA car classes and UEM Bike classes. Click on the class you wish to read about. Many great photos included too..!

I would like to direct a big thank you to all organizers, stewards and media staff who do a tremendous job around as well the championship events as the EDRS events. I am impressed and happy to have the opportinity to work with so many skilled, talented and not least simply great personalities on a daily basis! Just to illustrate some of them.. here are two fresh photos from Alastaro;

Aila with tech steward Peter Larsson from Sweden. Peter is one if the tech staff representatives who work internationally on the championship races  and contributes to see that the safety level is checked and secured (rarely a problem as the teams are good at complying with the extensive regulations). Having the same tech staff on the races is appreciated by the drivers and riders in the championship. Peter has a number of skilled collegues both in Finland and the other championship countries. You are all equally important!

A few of the members in the FHRA race directory group; from the left Jani Vaittinen (who was also the chief starter at the FHRA Nitro Nationals), David who is featured in the  center was on loan from the UK where he  normally has base as a member of the track crew at Santa Pod Raceway. Right is one of the race directors and track staff Jarmo Tolvanen. Well done FHRA.. everyone  involved!

WWW.DRAGRACING.EU - report 
In the new entry and results data system, we currently have 1326 drivers and riders entered in the system from all over Europe. Swedish time keeping system- and software developer Nitroz co-operate with Speedgroup around the database entry system, which have proven to work well and make entry handling easier for as well the teams as the organizers. And anyone interested can check results (from events operating Time Tree timing system), drivers profiles, entry lists and more online at www.dragracing.eu anytime!

Entry for FIA & UEM European Drag Racing Championship  round #4 and #5 is open at at  www.dragracing.eu

Round #4 is the NitrOlympx August 10-12th at HockenheimRing GERMANY.. Entry deadline July 21st at normal entry fee. Entry close in certain categories after that so please hurry if you wish to enter and have not got around to it yet!

.. and round #5 the Scandinavian Internationals August 23-26th at Tierp Arena SWEDEN (entry deadline August 10th) 

.. GOOD ENOUGH TO REPEAT.. DON´T MISS THIS..

NEED TO RENT A CAR THIS SUMMER?
In case you are in need of renting a car this summer, we recommend Alamo which offer in many countries in and outside Europe to ALL the drag racing community through the co-operation with Europe´s #1 Drag Racing new site Eurodragster.com! Check the discounted rates and book by clicking this link!

In addition Alamo, Europe Car and National which are part of the same company group offer a special contract for the FIA/UEM and EDRS teams in co-operation with Speedgroup (provided to eligible teams only via email, contact asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu)

ALAMO is also sponsor of the EDRS Junior Dragster class and reward the EDRS European Drag Racing Series winners in all three dvisions -EDRS North, Central and South!

Make sure to select the right rental company next time you need to rent a car!

With my collegue and friend Aila by the world famous sign that shows the way to the Alastaro track.. many letters in that word and always a smile on our faces when we stop the car just to take photos.. silly I know, but fun.. 

NEXT NEWSLETTER # 10
Will be the Preview for round #4, 
the NitrOlympx, HockenheimRing  GERMANY August 10-12th

We will let you meet a few interesting championship teams in that edition as well as report from EDRS European Drag Racing Series and more..

Later today I  head north and leave for the EDRS event at Sundsvall Raceway in Division North. A 7 hour drive which shows Sweden from its prettiest side (if you have not visited Sweden in the summer I can recommend it!) The Sundsvall race is one event I really look forward to. With more than 200 sportsman teams entered and in addition having Swedish championship status, it is a big and important event for Speedgroup and Dragracing in Sweden. Stay tuned for a report in the next edition and this event can be watched live via the web at www.smartv.se Continuous results reporting also provided via www.dragracing.eu . I Hope you will follow the action.. I know I will :)

Best Wishes,

Åsa Kinnemar
asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
Sweden mobile tel +46- 705 31 53 32

UPCOMING RACE EVENTS CONNECTED TO SPEEDGROUP:

EVENT: 
EDRS - division North
Sundsvall Raceway SWEDEN July 20-22nd
live web-TV via www.smartv.se and results via
www.dragracing.eu 

EVENT: 
EDRS - division North
Kalajoki Raceway FINLAND July 21-22nd
Entries handled via www.dragracing.eu

and www.fhra.fi

EVENT: 
EDRS - division South
Drachten the Netherlands
July 20-22th 

www.explosiondragracing.com
Please note, this event has been cancelled due to weather interference

EVENT: 
EDRS - division North
Kubbe Raceway SWEDEN  August4-8th

EVENT: 
EDRS - division Central
Gardermoen Raceway NORWAY
Live webcam broadcast operated www.smartv.se Please note this event is also open for test & tune for the FIA & UEM Championship classes!

Speedgroup general contact persons:
Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator  asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
Michael Gullqvist CEO michael.gullqvist@speedgroup.eu

________________________________________________________________________________

About SPEEDGROUP:  Speedgroup is FIA European Drag Racing Championship administrator and assist in UEM Drag Bike European Championship administration.  Speedgroup also operate the EDRS European Drag Racing Series which include 27 events at 17 tracks in 7 European countries for the season 2012 - Speedgroup interact with teams, track operators and event organizers, sanctioning bodies, media, corporate partners and fans. websites: www.speedgroup.eu (click EDRS icon to enter EDRS site)

Speedgroup is also assigned to administer the Dragracing-SM / Swedish Dragracing Championship 2012 by SBF Swedish Auto Sports Federation  www.dragracing-sm.se 

Text by Åsa Kinnemar
Photos by Speedgroup
This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #9/2012
www.speedgroup.eu

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
All material, text, images and logtypes are the property of Speedgroup AB.
Used by permission from the photographers
Any use of the above requires permission from Speedgroup.
© Speedgroup 2012