EDRS Driver 
Per-Erik Lindgren
Forsberg Motorsport and Northern Raider join forces for 2012. News in the Stock/Superstock category is that behind the wheel of Forsberg Motorsport 1966 Chevelle wagon we can now find Competition eliminator multiple Swedish and Nordic Comp Eliminator Champion Per-Erik Lindgren, whi is also the driver of the Northern Raider Altered!
We needed to take the next step in developing our program and new blood behind the steering wheel felt like the best way to do it! Now I can concentrate on checking the weather station, tuning the car and also now and then give some hints how to drive and cut good lights! says Per-Olov Forsberg with more than thirty-five years of drag racing experience.

- I am really very happy this deal have come through, says Per-Erik Lindgren. It has been my dream for many years to do this! I am very aware of that I have a lot to learn in this category and nothing is given away in S/SS. But I will do my very best to compete with the big guys, replays Per Erik Lindgren.

-  The season started in Lindesberg last weekend in April and two weeks later the "real" debut was at Tierp Arena in connection with the first Swedish Championship event (where both Comp Eliminator and Stock Super Stock is included).

-This is a learning year, says Per-Olov, but you never know what happens when rolling the dice.

The goal is to attend every possible Swedish Championship event but also give the EDRS a serious shot.

- I see this like a win-win situation in many ways, it is cheaper with transporting the cars since we will have both in my trailer and two classes to run gives more experience and is twice as fun…hopefully, laughs Per-Erik. These last years when the comp car has been working excellent for me, it made me a little laidback. When the opportunity to drive two cars came up, it felt like a positive challenge which was very inspiring.

Thumbs up from Per-Erik and crew before a run in the Altered

Warming uo the Northern Raider Altered

- Saturday morning at EDRS Nationals 2012 was rainy, so we kept the Comp car in the trailer because we didn’t bring the tent, all of a sudden the class-host came and told us to line up in about twenty minutes!! Out with the car, warming both up, Stock car owner Per-Olov Forsberg put the Stock Car in the lineup while we prepared the altered, Per-Erik tells.

- Made the qualifying run with the stocker, rushing back to get in the comp car driving down to the lineup only to face that I was too late to run.The organizer had put the two classes we drive in after each other all weekend, obviously not popular in our pit area!

Second qualifying run, it was a Comp-car only run, then the engine went silent in the burnout, could not get it started, stone-dead. Back in the pits it was a frantic rush to find what was broken, the ignition box, the pickup, coil or the Big Stuff, heaven forbid, injection box.

We found out what was wrong and went down for the third and last qualifying, sitting in lanes and watching the flags in heavy wind, like when the rain is coming, were quite depressing. It all went to smiles when we were able to run and made 0,95 under the index run, which was enough for the number one spot.. from zero to hero!

In Stock SuperStock we were # 20 qualifier and managed to win our first ever round in eliminations, that was fun even if it was "lucky win", however-whatever!!

In Comp Eliminator we managed to red-light with 0, 01 sec - but that is the way we race, it is all or nothing, all in all we are very satisfied with the weekend.

Coming to Tierp is a hit every time and this time we went home with the nice feeling that our good friend "Mr Slingshot" himself - Stig Olsson took the win in Comp!

A big thanks to local sponsors Burlink, AE Däck, Isakssons Ĺkeri, Regus, Bergs Maskin, Sesemic and to our US partner "Autoshop Racing Engines"/Birgitta Bergqvist who always when trouble turns up helps us out!

At Tierp Arena "Perka" doubled at the EDRS Nationals, his newest ride the 
1966 Chevelle wagon beloning to Forsberg Motorsport

The significant Northern Raider Altered which won Per-Erik Lindgren the Swedish Champion
title in Comp Eliminator 2011

Text: Lena Perés based on an interview with Per-Erik Lindgren
Photos: Lena Perés & Ĺsa Kinnemar
This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #4/2012
www.speedgroup.eu

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
All material, text, images and logtypes are the property of Speedgroup AB.
Used by permission 
© Speedgroup 2012