Marc Meihuizen and MPM join forces
The same car, the same crew, but brand new colours for Marc Meihuizen in 2012 as MPM International Oil Company will be the Dutch Pro Mod racer’s new main sponsor..
“Last year was our best season ever. But we wanted to step up to the next level and together with MPM we can make that happen. I’m very happy with this deal and I’m sure it will be a long-term cooperation between our team JWR Racing and MPM”, says the number four in last year’s FIA European Pro Modified Championship.

Last year was Marc Meihuizen’s best season so far. The Dutch Pro Modified-driver improved his personal best and Dutch national record to a stunning 6.05 sec and was semi-finalist in the last three races of the season. With his number four spot Meihuizen was the best Dutchman in the 2011 FIA European Pro Modified Championship. “We wanted to step up to the next level. I know Michiel van Wilgen, one of the founders and owners of MPM International Oil Company and a real dragrace fan, for almost twenty years now and arranged a meeting with him. Referring to MPM’s slogan ‘Moving things forward’ we share the same ideas about racing and the approach of our sport. The result of our meeting was that with immediate effect we will fly the MPM International Oil Company colours at the European racetracks. I’m extremely proud of this and I’m sure we’ll have a great season together”, says Marc Meihuizen.

Meihuizen at Sweden´s Tierp Arena in 2011 where he set a new personal best of 6.05 sec.

Stunning design
MPM’s own designer Jörgen Al, is working hard at the moment to wrap the well-known ’68 Pontiac Firebird in MPM colours and as usual, Jörgen’s design looks stunning. And the MPM designer has to hurry because David Vegter’s MPM Pro Mod has to be wrapped too before the start of the new season. Although Marc and David will have their own operation, the MPM Pro Mods will look like a two-car team, one with a blue and one with a white flame job at the front.

Same crew
Joeri Woudenberg will be Marc’s crewchief again and except the brand new team-outfit the crew will be the same as it was in 2011. “Joeri is a proven winner and all the other crewmembers did a great job too last season and are very dedicated. We don’t say we will make 5.8 sec runs now or will be the new European champions, but I’m really looking forward to this season and we’ll do our very best”, says the brand new MPM-diver.

Meihuizen´s appearance for 2012 is very different with the new MPM Oil designed paint scheme

.. compared to the 2011 Meihuizen "look" we have got accustomed to

Text: Remco Scheelings based on an interview with Marc Meihuizen
Photos: MPM Oil and Speedgroup
This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #3/2012
www.speedgroup.eu

Editor & Photographer Remco Scheelings
remco.scheelings@speedgroup.eu

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
All material, text, images and logtypes are the property of Speedgroup AB.
Used by permission 
© Speedgroup 2012