Junior driver goes overseas for racing
Marcus Back Andersson is now into he´s 7th season of Junior Dragracing and he has increased the level of performance every season since he started racing. Now he takes a new big step in his carrier. At the end of July Marcus and his family go overseas to race in one of Americas biggest Junior drag racing competitions, the NHRA Jr. Drag Racing League Eastern Conference Finals. And he’s the first junior from Sweden to do this!
The plans is now to start the whole trip with a few days holiday to get in the right mode for the huge start field of about 1200 junior dragracers at Bristol Dragway in Bristol, Tennessee.

How come that this 15 year old youngster got this amazing offer?

-    Well, dad and I bought a new junior dragster two years ago. The guy who owns the company Mike Bos Chassis Craft ( that we made contact with) was impressed with our interest in the sport and how well it’s been going for me lately, so he asked if I wanted to drive one of his dragster over there at this event, tells Marcus.

And that’s an offer not to refuse! The event is one of US biggest junior races and we´ll see if I make it to the finals racing at the weekend.

The whole thing starts the 21 of July with Huddleston Performance Jr. Nationals presented by Mike Bos Chassis Craft, which is a qualifying competition for the Eastern Conference Finals. So I really hope I´m able to get through this first test.

So now the family is working hard with all the preparations that have to be done and upon that the EDRS and Swedish Championship series soon starts (in mid-May), so there´s a kind of hectic time coming up for the Back  Andersson- family. 

We also heard that Marcus now have a new sponsor, Skyltstället in Borlänge, and there´s some new ideas coming up to display the company and the team of course.

Well, there are some plans to make something unusual with the painting on the dragster but that’s going to be a surprise, say a smiling Marcus.
We will be back with a more detailed report about Marcus trip overseas and of course how his European season has been effected of this big adventure, when they all back in Sweden again.  We wish him and his family a huge Good Luck with the trip and with the upcoming season.

The Back Andersson family took the opportunity to visit chassis builder Mats Eriksson in Borlänge (Mats far right) at same time as they visited the new sponsor Skyltstället that is a neighbor company and then we had the opportunity to get this amazing update from the team.

Marcus Back-Andersson in action at Tierp Arena 2011

Text and photo by Lena Perés 
This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #2/2012
www.speedgroup.eu

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
All material, text, images and logtypes are the property of Speedgroup AB.
Used by permission from the photographers
Any use of the above requires permission from Speedgroup.
© Speedgroup 2012