Speedgroup - On the Agenda 
By Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator Speedgroup 
February 1st 2012.. and I feel the days are passing too quickly. We have many interesting projects going on for the time being and a few more that are about to start soon.

One major undertaking is of course the development of the 
EDRS European Drag Racing Series 2012 - with so many events, organizers and classes involved there are still matters to sort with the calendar until we can consider it set. It will not be perfect for everybody, but I hope most people involved will be able to see and appreciate the bigger picture. And that they can live with what is  not ultimate from start. There is a lot to consider and many parties that needs to work well together for a series of this size to form and work at all.

With that said I am however mighty impressed with and thankful to many of the organizers (old and new to Speedgroup) and teams from many classes that have shown great trust and support for Speedgroup and the EDRS work groups efforts. Did You know 6 persons in the work group of 8 people are connected to an organizer? The concept is that way sanctioned to some extent already to start with..

Rome was not built in a day, but I believe we will already this first year with the assistance of the best track operators in Europe and with the teams to support the EDRS events, see a Series which we can all enjoy being part of.. I know I will. I said at a recent meeting in Germany my aim is that 500 teams take part in the EDRS Series, my collegue Micke Gullqvist bet against me and said he bet there will be more. I would not mind if he is right.. 

In the next edition we will present the EDRS tracks and I can tell you already (without having produced it) that the presentation will be impressive, thanks to the the many organizers that believe in European Drag Racing and the force and potential of it. 

Some of the Contingency Partners involved in the Speedgroup Contingency Programs have already detected the massive interest for European Drag Racing and the fact that 99% of the people who are in it, are there to commit for a long period of time. It makes it possible to build long-term relations, get to know and understand each other. And that, I believe, is the base to solid and successful business development.

In this edition we present the contingency programs as they stand today. We still have more suppliers joining the programs, so the best way to stay tuned is to visit the Speedgroup FIA/UEM Championship and EDRS websites once in a while! We also introduce some of the Contingency Partners that have commited to work with the European teams through Speedgroups Contingency Programs. 

Two other interesting projects that we will have reason to come back to are the development of the TV-production concept from the FIA & UEM Drag Racing Championship events and the integrated data based entry and event administration, result reporting system which we hope will add value not only to teams and organizers, but also for media and fans. 

IMPORTANT!
During February we open the FIA/UEM Championship registration for the drivers and riders through the new online based system - teams please stay tuned for info via email and on the Speedgroup website when it is time..

YOUR TURN TO BE IN THE SPOTLIGHT?
We are always happy to feature any FIA/UEM Championship or EDRS team, driver, corporate partner or profiles connected to Speedgroup, the Championships or EDRS European Drag Racing 
Series in our Newsletters. If interested to share a news item with us, why not try our new NEWS SUBMISSION FORM which is easy to fill in online and submit text and a few photos through.

If you prefer, you are always welcome to email me at asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu and I will be happy to set up an interview via email or telephone for you with one of our editors! (German, Dutch, English and Swedish speaking).

Photo: Long-term business relations, understanding and trust is what I believe is the base for solid business development. Pictured me and 3M Peltor´s Motorsport Manager for Europe Patrik Andersson - Speedgroup and 3M Peltor (world leader in the field of communication equipment) co-operate since two years around a few interesting projects that we will feature in newsletter edition #2 

Here are some of the  
MEETINGS & EVENTS ON THE SPEEDGROUP AGENDA for the coming period:

EDRS Work Group Meetings are held on a weekly basis via Skype. 

February 11th - Saturday
FIA/UEM and sportsman team info meeting in the UK. Stewards and officials also welcome! Location: St John´s Hotel Solihull/Birmingham. 
EDRS Sportsman and steward meeting meeting 12.00-13.30
FIA/UEM championship team and steward meeting 14.00-16.00 - to attend the meeting please register to asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu

February 18th - Saturday
Speedgroup have a booth at the Åby MK Dragracing market in Norrköping Sweden. Stop by for a chat if you are on site!

February 19th - Sunday
FIA/UEM and sportsman team info meeting in Sweden. Stewards and officials also welcome! Location: Scandic Star Hotel Sollentuna Stockholm
EDRS Sportsman and steward meeting meeting 12.00-13.30
FIA/UEM championship team and steward meeting 14.00-17.00 - to attend the meeting please register to asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu

February 22nd - Wednesday
Speedgroup representatives are on the popular Nitroz.se live web-TV broadcast called Motorsoffan 19-20 (CET). Can also be watched afterwards anytime

March 1st
Newsletter Edition #2 due to be published  - Special focus on EDRS European Drag Racing Series

March 23rd - Friday

FIA/UEM and sportsman team info meeting in Finland. Stewards and officials also welcome! Preliminary Location: US Parts in Helsinki (same location as SFI Certification tour or nearby depending on number of participants) Stay tuned for schedule. Preregister your interest for this meeting to asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu

March 24th - Saturday
Speedgroup representatives will be on site at Persåkers Speedshop in connection with the SFI Certification day (Sweden)

March 31st - April 1st
FIA and UEM Organizers Meetings in Stockholm 

I hope February will prove to be a good month for You. If there is anything you think Speedgroup can do for You or your company, never hesitate to contact us! 

Best Wishes,

Åsa Kinnemar
asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
Sweden mobile tel +46- 705 31 53 32

PS.
Last but not least - A big Thank You from me to my collegue Anders Magnusson who build the structures to all our newsletters, he has in my opinion once again done it brilliantly!
I hope you will enjoy this edition!

Speedgroup general contact persons:
Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator  asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
Michael Gullqvist CEO michael.gullqvist@speedgroup.eu

ABOUT SPEEDGROUP:
Speedgroup is the official FIA European Drag Racing Championship administrator. Since 2010 also assist in UEM Drag Bike European Championship administration. Speedgroup interact with teams, track operators and event organizers, sanctioning bodies, media, corporate partners and fans. In March 2011 Speedgroup acquired the NDRS Dragracing Series and the Swedish Dragracing League SDL. They will be integrated for 2012 in the new EDRS European Drag Racing Series - Europe´s biggest Drag Racing series

Text by Åsa Kinnemar
Photos & logos by Speedgroup
This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #1/2012
www.speedgroup.eu

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
All material, text, images and logtypes are the property of Speedgroup AB.
Used by permission from the photographers
Any use of the above requires permission from Speedgroup.
© Speedgroup 2012