Speedgroup -
On the Agenda 
By Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator Speedgroup - December 6th 2012 Linköping Sweden
Newsletter #15 2012 

Winter has arrived big time here in Linköping with lots of snow and degrees well below the freezing point. It looks promising at the moment for anyone who wish for a white Christmas!

Since I wrote the last On the Agenda article Speedgroup have hosted the EDRS banquet (November 24th) and at the same occasion spent time in discussions with a majority of the EDRS organizers (whereof two are also hosting FIA/UEM Championship rounds).

The championship dates are set and new for 2013 is that the UEM Drag Bike Championship will consist of four rounds (cut down from six rounds 2012) Good or bad? Well I have heard opinions for and against and we will just have to wait and see what impact this have on the 2013 UEM Drag Bike Championship.

Recently UEM (the sanctioning body for drag bike racing in Europe) also decided that as Drag Racing is becoming more and more important it should have its own comission, which is a major step forward, having been handled under the road racing comission up to this point. UEM will make a name change to FIM Europe, which will be implemented in 2013.

In the FIA European Drag Racing Championship the calendar stays intact, with the same six rounds applied for as in 2012. Championship venue HockenheimRing in Germany adressed a while back they are planning to resurface the drag strip for 2013 and more information is hoped to be available shortly on that subject.  Check the calendars on separate pages in this newsletter (the links are in the right-hand side column).

On the EDRS department major news include a few additional classes that are brought into the series. The classes that will be run under the EDRS European Drag Racing Series 2013 are:

Cars:
Junior Dragster
Stock Super Stock
Competition Eliminator
Super Gas
Super Comp
Super Street
Pro ET (bracket from 9 sec)
Super Pro ET (bracket class 6-8.99 sec)
Pro Street (heads up class) New!
Street 10.5 (heads up class) New!
TD - Top Doorslammer (1/8 mile) New!
Pro Modified 

Bikes:
Junior Bike New!
Super Street Bike New!
Funny Bike
Super Gas Bike
Super Comp Bike
Super Twin Bike Nordic Challenge

Some adjustments will be made to the series concept and the provisional race calendar will be published by the end of December for the events that are confirmed.

The past and coming months we spend a lot of time and efforts on researching, discussing and planning for the race season 2013. Speedgroup connect with teams, class associations, organizers, sanctioning national and international federations, media and business partners (and not least fans and spectators who love the sport as much as we do). And we look into as well the bigger picture as the detail level in many, many questions. As administrators of  championships and series we have and should have a busy schedule all year round. And I think I speak for all collegues when I say that we are very happy to put in long hours and major efforts in order to maintain and develop the sport for the good of the parties involved.

photo: Together with two loved friends and collegues in Kunmadaras, Hungary - Lena Perés (left) editor and photographer who has contributed a lot in this and many previous editions. And Aila (right) who together with Lena and a few others organized the EDRS dinner and award presentation that I hope most of the 250 guests on site enjoyed. I know I did... The date is already set for the 2013 EDRS banquet and the location will remain the same, the Sunlight Hotel & Conference in Nyköping. So why not mark November 23rd 2013 in your calendar already!

NEXT NEWSLETTER # 1 2013 -Will be published during the later part of January and I already promise we will have a lot of interesting and useful information included in it.

In between newsletters we use our websites and Facebook groups to publish public information. If you check www.speedgroup.eu there are links to the EDRS website and Facebook groups from there.

Together with our dedicated group of editors and photographers I look forward serving you the Speedgroup online newsletters also in 2013

I hope you will enjoy a December month filled with joyful and precious moments among your loved ones!

On behalf of all my Speedgroup and EDRS collegues, from us to you.. Merry Christmas & Happy New 2013! 

With sincere wishes,  ÅSA

Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator
asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
Sweden mobile tel +46- 705 31 53 32

PS.

Speedgroup participated in the web-TV show "Motorsoffan" hosted by Nitroz
on November 24th - The show was part in English and in case interested to check it out, the program can be watched online anytime at the Nitroz website.

REMINDER!
At this time we urge drivers & riders to update their drivers profiles at www.dragracing.eu so all relevant information about the vehicle and team is publicly available. Also very important that you publish photos (and good ones) if you have not done that already. The dragracing.eu site is a source of information for media, fans and officials (like event announcers) so please don´t miss the opportunity to provide information about your racing operation in the best way you can!

About SPEEDGROUP:
Speedgroup is FIA European Drag Racing Championship administrator and assist in UEM Drag Bike European Championship administration. Speedgroup also operate the EDRS European Drag Racing Series which include 26 events at 18 tracks in 8 European countries for the season 2012 - Speedgroup interact with teams, track operators and event organizers, sanctioning bodies, media, corporate partners and fans. websites: www.speedgroup.eu (click EDRS icon to enter EDRS site)

Speedgroup was also assigned to administer the Dragracing-SM / Swedish Dragracing Championship in 2012 by SBF Swedish Auto Sports Federation www.dragracing-sm.se

Speedgroup general contact person:
Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu

YOUR TURN TO BE IN THE SPOTLIGHT?
We are always happy to feature any FIA/UEM Championship or EDRS team, driver, corporate partner or profiles connected to Speedgroup, the Championships or EDRS European Drag Racing Series in our Newsletters. If interested to share a news item with us, why not try our News Submission Form which is easy to fill in online and submit text and a few photos through. Click on the link to open! NEWS SUBMISSION FORM 

If you prefer to be interviewed by one of our editors please email lena.peres@speedgroup.eu and she can help set it up.

Text by Åsa Kinnemar
Photos by Remco Scheelings and Speedgroup
This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #15/2012
www.speedgroup.eu

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
All material, text, images and logtypes are the property of Speedgroup AB.
Used by permission from the photographers
Any use of the above requires permission from Speedgroup.
© Speedgroup 2012