Speedgroup -
On the Agenda 
By Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator Speedgroup - October 8th 2012 Linköping Sweden
Newsletter #14 2012 - October Edition

I don´t believe the race season 2012 will go to history as one of the greatest, more possible one of the most odd.. I don´t think I have ever experienced a season with so many ups and downs as this one. This year more than any other year, track conditions have been a major issue and for sure (and for good reasons) one of the most discussed topics.

Bad weather influence have hurt a number of events and in general the financial recession in many countries have meant extra tough times.

On the positive side we have seen many new records been set this season and being part in the case I of course also think it was positive to see the EDRS European Drag Racing Series in effect for its very first year.

We have started the work to look more in depth what the season 2012 looked like. Among other things we look at statistics and take in feedback from relevant parties (where the teams and organizers are equally important). We look at  it from different angles. To identify and preserve what is good and adjust and develop in some areas.

Drag Racing engage people and most of us are in it for a combination of passion to the sport and the great people involved. We are in long-term and if we can just work together and take baby steps forward each season we can achieve a lot for the coming years. In case you have something you wish to share, an idea, or opinions on what has been good or bad from your perspective please feel welcome to drop me a few lines in an email anytime.

No feedback we recieve is ignored. The Speedgroup work group (consisting of eight persons) have weekly Skype meetings and spend hours every time discussing small and big matters relevant for Speedgroups different projects and European Drag Racing.

WWW.DRAGRACING.EU - Update request

At this time we urge drivers & riders to update their drivers profiles at www.dragracing.eu so all relevant information about the vehicle and team is publicly available. Also very important that you publish photos (and good ones) if you have not done that already. The dragracing.eu site is a source of information for media, fans and officials (like event announcers) so please don´t miss the opportunity to provide information about your racing operation in the best way you can!

You may have been reached by the news in September that event manager Emelie Carlswärd was to leave her assignment at Tierp Arena (she recently just moved back to the Linköping area where myself among others now get the chance to see her more often). I know many teams, stewards, officials and other organizers have appreciated Emelie for her service minded way and efficient assistance. I hope and believe she will be back to assist as a consultant again for the season 2013.

Emelie and Tierp Arena recieved a prestigious envirmonmental award in 2011.

Together with my "right hand" and dear friend Aila, I have attended 11 races in five countries this summer.. and I know of  teams that attended more than that.. It is amazing to have the opportunity to follow the engagement and fighting spirit of the teams up close and I already look forward to next season!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

Weekly - work group meetings via Skype

November 7th - Wednesday at 19.00 CET:

Speedgroup participate in the web-TV show "Motorsoffan" hosted by Nitroz
(can also be watched in your mobile phone). 

November 24th - Saturday

The EDRS European Drag Racing Series 2012 Prize giving ceremony and banquet. The location is Sunlight Hotel &  Conference Nyköping, Sweden (one hours drive south of Stockholm). The invitation with details is published within a few days via Facebook and the EDRS website.

An EDRS organizers meeting will be held the same day, where representatives from organizers active in the EDRS series are invited to attend and discuss the EDRS European Drag Racing Series 2013. Speedgroup also open for new organizers/tracks to join the EDRS European Drag Racing Series. This meeting is by invitation only please contact me with any questions about any of the above events.

NEXT NEWSLETTER # 15 -
Will be the November edition. In between newsletters we use our websites and Facebook groups to publish public information. If you check www.speedgroup.eu there are links to the EDRS website and Facebook groups from there.

I hope the autumn will be beautiful in your area . And that You will have some time to reflect, relax and start the (often pretty exciting) planning towards activities 2013. I look forward keeping in touch through our newsletters or meet live at any of the events we have going on during the off season.

Click the links in the right hand side column to open and explore the interesting articles we have lined up in this edition!

Best Wishes, ÅSA

Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator
asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
Sweden mobile tel +46- 705 31 53 32

About SPEEDGROUP:
Speedgroup is FIA European Drag Racing Championship administrator and assist in UEM Drag Bike European Championship administration. Speedgroup also operate the EDRS European Drag Racing Series which include 27 events at 18 tracks in 8 European countries for the season 2012 - Speedgroup interact with teams, track operators and event organizers, sanctioning bodies, media, corporate partners and fans. websites: www.speedgroup.eu (click EDRS icon to enter EDRS site)

Speedgroup is also assigned to administer the Dragracing-SM / Swedish Dragracing Championship 2012 by SBF Swedish Auto Sports Federation www.dragracing-sm.se

Speedgroup general contact persons:
Åsa Kinnemar co-ordinator asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
Michael Gullqvist CEO michael.gullqvist@speedgroup.eu

YOUR TURN TO BE IN THE SPOTLIGHT?
We are always happy to feature any FIA/UEM Championship or EDRS team, driver, corporate partner or profiles connected to Speedgroup, the Championships or EDRS European Drag Racing Series in our Newsletters. If interested to share a news item with us, why not try our News Submission Form which is easy to fill in online and submit text and a few photos through. Click on the link to open! NEWS SUBMISSION FORM 
If you prefer to be interviewed by one of our editors please email lena.peres@speedgroup.eu and she can help set it up.

Text by Åsa Kinnemar
Photos by Remco Scheelings and Speedgroup
This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #14/2012
www.speedgroup.eu

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
All material, text, images and logtypes are the property of Speedgroup AB.
Used by permission from the photographers
Any use of the above requires permission from Speedgroup.
© Speedgroup 2012