Meet the editors part 1

In the forthcoming editions of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletters we will introduce the editors and photographers that contributes with material, knowledge and skills to make the the online newsletters to what they are.
First out is UK based veteran ROBIN JACKSON, our Pro Mod expert and editor.

Robin covers the Pro Mod class reports from the FIA European championship races, in addition produces feature articles on misc. topics and also mostly edit and language check the articles written by our "non-english" editors (like myself)

Make sure to look out for Robin´s spot on reports and feature articles for Speedgroup throughout the year!

Editor background:  ROBIN JACKSON

First drag racing encounter:  early 1960s, back-page feature in a children’s comic (wish I had kept it).

First drag racing regret:
  missing the 1964 International Drag Festival when it brought top NHRA stars to Chelveston, near Wellingborough. I’d planned to bicycle over but, come the morning, just couldn’t be bothered.

First drag race attended:
  Easter 1967, Santa Pod.

First US drag race:
  1974 NHRA Supernationals/World Finals, Ontario Motor Speedway, California; plus Irwindale (old) and Fremont – all long gone.

Throughout 1980s:
photographed and reported on NHRA racing for various UK publications, stretching from Autosport to Penthouse (!).

2005-2009:
  operated Blueprints For Travel Ltd., developing and managing drag racing tours for Trailfinders and Grandstand Motor Sports.

2007-present:
  appointed press officer, MSA British Drag Racing Championship.

Robin Jackson posing with Pro Mod drivers Micke Gullqvist, Spencer Tramm (Pro Mod pit marshall),
Graham Ellis and Andy Robinson 

Text: Åsa Kinnemar based on an interview with Robin Jackson 
Photos by Speedgroup
This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #2/2011

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
Any use of the above requires permission from Speedgroup.
e-mail: asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
© Speedgroup 2010 - 2011