TIERP ARENA UPDATE
March 28th 2011
The Tierp Arena management group have so far been extremely succesful in their  task to achieve what many others  before them have tried and failed. The mission being to construct and establish a multisport arena from zero. And having roots in dragracing, founders Leif Andréasson and Lars-Erik Lindberg´s idea was naturally to start by constructing a state-of-the-art dragracing venue built after NHRA and FIA standards.
It is late March 2011 and the first event is only six weeks away. We was eager to find out how things look at this time and asked event manager Emelie Carlswärd a few questions. Read what she has to tell!

SG: The first ever event at the Tierp Arena drag strip is scheduled for May 7-8th, the NDRS Nationals. How are things proceeding for you at this time with the event planning?

EC: There is a lot of planning before each event and it´s a bit more exciting now before the first race at Tierp Arena. In the current situation, we are following the time frame for all the administration that the competition needs, which is good for our first drag racing competition at Tierp Arena. We have a good co-operation within the organization and all work hard for the upcoming racing season and they are doing a very good job.

SG: Can you tell us anything about the skilled event management team that you have put together for this season? I believe there are some well-known names there?

EC: The Race Committee and the Race Officials that will be working with us on Tierp Arena has a long experience and I have worked with many of them during my earlier years at championship venue Mantorp Park, which is a confidence for me as Event Manager. I have worked a lot together with the Race Committee, consisting of Kjell Pettersson, Tomas Pettersson, Henrik "Hobbe" Karlsson and Anna Elgtorp.  We have worked together in previous events so we have built a very good co-operation between us, which makes the work much easier and very fun.

Event Manager Emelie Carlswärd

EC: Many teams are already wondering when they can sign up for the Sweden Internationals 9th – 12th of June at Tierp Arena and to them I can announce that we will publish the invitation and the online registration two months before the event. I will also send out an email to all the teams with information about the event.

There are also some questions about tickets to the sponsors and where I can announce that all teams have 20% discount on the entry tickets and they can contact me for more information and reservations.

Then I want to conclude by saluting all the teams and visitors welcome to Tierp Arena!

contact Emelie at
emelie@tierparena.com
or tel +46 70 83 57 336

www.tierparena.com
Tierp on Facebook

March 26th 2011 - on site view from the grandstands looking towards the startline
area where the main building is being mounted - photo by Speedgroup CEO
Micke Gullqvist

Leif Andréasson is one of the founders of the Tierp Arena - Will he find time to
double as a race car driver this season and perhaps try out the Tierp Arena himself? 
Methanol funny car is the class we know is close to his heart after a succesful career
incl. several European champions titles. photo by Tierp Arena

Leif is also a member of the Speegroup board and on March 25th he brought his
collegues on a tour of the Tierp Arena construction site. Everybody was mighty i
mpressed with what has been achieved in such a short period of time. From the
left: Svein Olav Rolfstad, Michael Gullqvist, Ulf Leanders, Gunnar Janson
(chairman), Dave Wilson, Leif Andréasson and Carl Holgersson. photo by Speegroup

Lars-Erik Lindberg TM Bygg is leading the ground work while sons Jonnie and Johan
are highly involved in the family business hands on with logistics of material and
ground work. In May and June team Lindberg Bros will be entering the drag strip
and compete in the FIA BILSPORT Pro Modified class. photo by Speedgroup

June 12th 2010: A ceremonial first dig on site marked the official start of the Tierp
Arena construction project. photo by Speedgroup

A group of well-known swedish drivers on site june 12th 2010 to show interest and
support for the track project in Tierp. photo by Speedgroup

Text: Åsa Kinnemar for Speedgroup and Emelie Carlswärd for Tierp Arena
Photos: Tierp Arena & Speedgroup

This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #2/2011

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
Use of the above requires permission from Speedgroup.
e-mail: asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
© Speedgroup 2010 - 2011