ME Racing Services and SSAB teamed up at the PRI..

Pro Mod driver Mats Eriksson and his family business ME Racing Services is well known worldwide within the chassis building business and among the European Drag Racing teams. Mats and son LG play an important role in providing top fuel teams in Europe with know how and produce certfied chassis. Now the Erikssons´s are on a mission to assist the Swedish steel manufacturer giant SSAB market their newest high strength tubing for racing, safety and sports applications.

Lena Pere´s provide this report from the recent PRI show in Orlando where Mats and LG teamed up with the SSAB staff.

Lars-Göran "LG" Eriksson, ME Racing Services in discussions with two of the interested PRI visitors 

A new exhibitor at the PRI this year was SSAB ( Swedish Steel Incorporated) and this was the first step to detect the racing market for their new high strength steel tubes. A new product that
are developed to be a complement to 4130 Chrome Molybdenum Tubes in many applications where you benefit from their Consistency, Tolerances and Safety in combination to their very high Strength. SSAB has together with leading tube manufacturers developed a range of advanced High Strength Tubes for Racing, Safety and Sports Applications.

Mats Eriksson and Peter Falk SSAB in the booth at PRI

Docol Tube R-Series are certified advanced high strength tubes made from a new special steel grade that combines very high strength with good formability. Docol Tube R-Series are available in a limited dimension range direct from stock. Full dimension range is available on demand.

The tubes are marketed together with a well known company in chassis building, ME Racing Service in Borlange Sweden. Mats Eriksson and son LG Eriksson was on site to explain and show the excellence of the product as the ME Racing Service have a long history with the SSAB and the using of their high strength steel as they now start to use the tubes as well. Peter Falk, Area Technical Manager SSAB and his collegues Kim Colvin and Maurice Picard was very satisfied with the outcome of the show and have now a lot of customers to follow up.

- I am very happy to tell this was over our expectation, said a happy Peter Falk from after the show. I´m pretty sure we will be back next year at the same booth. Now we will follow up all our contacts we made at the PRI.

If interested to find out more please contact Mats Eriksson at mail@meracing.com     

The Erikssons teamed up with SSAB staff at the PRI. The back drop which attracted a lot of interest included Eriksson´s Crown Vicky Pro Mod car. Pictured: Mats Eriksson far left, Peter Falk, Area Technical Manager SSAB, Maurice Picard SSAB, Lars-Göran Eriksson ME Racing Services and  Kim Colvin SSAB far right 

Text & photos by Lena Perés

This article is part of the Speedgroup Club Europe Newsletter #17/2011
www.speedgroup.eu

Published by Speedgroup www.speedgroup.eu
All material, text, images and logtypes are the property of Speedgroup AB.
Used by permission from the photographers
Any use of the above requires permission from Speedgroup.
email: asa.kinnemar@speedgroup.eu
© Speedgroup 2011